July 29, 2017
Social hour & set-up at 2:00 pm
Pre-ritual briefing starts at 3:00
Location: Hoosier National Forest
It's all about Lugh! Celebrate the
Shining One with us. The Way Old Games of Lugh will
commence after the ritual.
1. Our rituals
are always outdoors. Be sure to dress appropriately.
2. We always
have a fire at our rituals unless there is a burn
3. Our rituals usually last from 1 1/2 to 3 hours,
followed by revels, usually at the site.
4. We often use incense and sage for smudging
and sometimes kerosene for torches.
A chair (if
you don't want to stand for the entire ritual);
Offerings (these can be physical items, a musical
offering, poetry, etc.);
A beverage or food for revels;
A monetary donation for charity.
(No one will be turned away for bringing none of
Directions from Bloomington
The ritual will
held in Hoosier National Forest, south of
call this site the Grove of the Crossroads
this is your first time
joining us in Hoosier National Forest please allow
yourself an hour and fifteen
minutes travel time)
- Take IN state SR 46 to the east side of
- Turn south on IN SR 446 (there is a Bruster's
Ice Cream shop at this corner).
Drive for approx.
7 miles and cross Lake Monroe.
- Drive for approx. 5 more miles and turn left
onto Tower Ridge Road. (There is
a big white sign for the Deam Wilderness at this
intersection. There is also a
small Pentecostal Church near the corner)
- Travel 4 miles and then pass Grubb Ridge
Trailhead on the left.
- Continue for another 1.5 miles and then pass the
Hickory Ridge Trailhead with
the fire tower on the left.
- The next road is (1500W). There will be a sign
for Camp Maumee at this
intersection. The campsite is right at this
along the road - you have
you would like to carpool to this event, or
would like to talk with us about our group,
please email the Outreach