Spring Equinox Saturday, March 17, 2018
Social hour & set-up at 2:00 pm
Pre-ritual briefing starts at 3:00 pm
Location: Hoosier National Forest
We work with Earth energy through the Greek Gods. We honor Demeter, Hades, Persephone, and the Muses.
- Our rituals are always outdoors. Be sure to dress appropriately.
- We always have a fire at our rituals unless there is a burn ban.
- Our rituals usually last from 1 1/2 to 3 hours, followed by revels, usually at the site.
- We often use incense and sage for smudging and sometimes kerosene for torches.
WE SUGGEST BRINGING:
- A chair (if you don’t want to stand for the entire ritual);
- Offerings (these can be physical items, a musical offering, poetry, etc.);
- A beverage or food for revels;
- A monetary donation for charity.
(No one will be turned away for bringing none of these things.)
(If this is your first time joining us in Hoosier National Forest please allow yourself an hour and fifteen minutes travel time)
– Take IN state SR 46 to the east side of Bloomington.
– Turn south (right) on IN SR 446 (there is a Bruster’s Ice Cream shop at this corner).
– Drive for approx. 7 miles and cross Lake Monroe.
– Drive for approx. 5 more miles and turn left onto Tower Ridge Road. (There is a big white sign for the Deam Wilderness at this intersection. There is also a small Pentecostal Church near the corner)
– Travel 4 miles and then pass Grubb Ridge Trailhead on the left.
– Continue for another 1.5 miles and then pass the Hickory Ridge Trailhead with the fire tower on the left.
– At the next road (1500W) stay to the left. There will be a sign for Camp Maumee at this intersection.
– Look for the first campsite on the right (about .8 mile down the road), the one with the Bear sign. If you pass a parking area on your left after making a sharp curve to the left, you’ve gone too far.
– Park – you have arrived. Alternately, you can park at the parking area mentioned above. It is only .1 mile further.