Saturday August 3, 2019
Social hour & set-up: 2:00pm
Pre-ritual briefing starts: 3:00pm Location: Hoosier National Forest
We will be honoring Lugh and all his skills followed by the Annual Games of Lugh.
As always, all who are respectful are welcome.
- Our rituals are always outdoors. Be sure to dress appropriately.
- We always have a fire at our rituals unless there is a burn ban.
- Our rituals usually last from 1 1/2 to 3 hours, followed by revels, usually at the site.
- We often use incense and sage for smudging and sometimes kerosene for torches.
- Rituals in the Hoosier National Forest are at primitive campsites. There are no restrooms. Just trees.
WE SUGGEST BRINGING:
- A chair (if you don’t want to stand for the entire ritual);
- Offerings (these can be physical items, a musical offering, poetry, etc.);
- A beverage or food for revels;
- A monetary donation for charity.
(No one will be turned away for bringing none of these things.)
Directions from Bloomington
The ritual will be held in Hoosier National Forest, south of Bloomington.
(If this is your first time joining us in Hoosier National Forest please allow yourself an hour and fifteen minutes travel time)
– Take IN state SR 46 to the east side of Bloomington, IN
– Turn south on IN SR 446 (there is a Bruster’s Ice Cream shop at this corner).
– Drive for approx. 7 miles and cross Lake Monroe.
– Drive for approx. 5 more miles and turn left onto Tower Ridge Road. (There is a big white sign for the Deam Wilderness at this intersection. There is also a small Pentecostal Church near the corner)
– Travel 4 miles and then pass Grubb Ridge Trailhead on the left.
– Continue for another 1.5 miles and then pass the Hickory Ridge Trailhead with the fire tower on the left.
– Turn right at the next road (1500W). There will be a sign for Camp Maumee at this intersection.
– Drive for approximately 0.7 miles and turn into a small dirt driveway on the left (look for a sign with a bear on it).
– Park – you have arrived.