Sunday September 15, 2019
Social hour & set-up: 2:00pm
Pre-ritual briefing starts: 3:00pm Location: Lower Cascades Park near Waterfall Shelter
We will be honoring the Norse pantheon. We will also incorporate The Magician from the Smith-Waite Tarot.
As always, all who are respectful are welcome.
- Our rituals are always outdoors. Be sure to dress appropriately.
- We always have a fire at our rituals unless there is a burn ban.
- Our rituals usually last from 1 1/2 to 3 hours, followed by revels, usually at the site.
- We often use incense and sage for smudging and sometimes kerosene for torches.
- Rituals in the Hoosier National Forest are at primitive campsites. There are no restrooms. Just trees.
WE SUGGEST BRINGING:
- A chair (if you don’t want to stand for the entire ritual);
- Offerings (these can be physical items, a musical offering, poetry, etc.);
- A beverage or food for revels;
- A monetary donation for charity.
(No one will be turned away for bringing none of these things.)
Google Map coordinates These coordinates point to the playground.
-Take the 45/46 Bypass to N. Walnut and turn south towards downtown.
-Turn right (west) at the first intersection, N. Old State Road 37. The road will pass under the Bypass. Cascades Park is located about 1/2 mile north on Old State Road 37.
-The Waterfall Shelter is the smaller and more southerly of the two shelters, located near the culvert and volleyball net. If you pass the playground on the right, you’ve just missed it.
-The ritual will be down a trail that begins at the Southern end of the parking lot on the left side of the road. Look for Black Bear signs.
-The backup location in case of rain will be the Waterfall Shelter or the gazebo next to it.